The aim of Life Transitions is to enable students to acquire and refine the knowledge, skills and abilities to plan and enhance their personal health, family life, community life, and career development in order to effectively manage the change encountered in the transitions they will face throughout life.
Life Transitions centres on personal health, family, community and career, while providing students the opportunity to:
• develop a positive self-concept and the skills necessary to maintain it
• develop the attitude and skills to grow with change
• acquire and practise the skills needed to progress from dependence to independence
• apply knowledge and skills to take charge of their lives in achieving and maintaining a positive lifestyle
• examine, reflect and act upon their personal goals and level of well-being in managing their lives as purposeful, contributing members of society.
(From the SK Curriculum)